SADC Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SACREEE) focuses on the promotion of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) technologies and the development of markets, through sharing information and best practices, developing sound policy, regulatory, and legal frameworks, and building the capacity within SADC Member States. SACREEE supports the implementation of the regional RE and EE Strategy and Action Plan (REEESAP) of SADC. The REEESAP mandates SACREEE to work with the Member States in developing their national Action Plans.
Through the support of the Government of the Republic of Namibia (Ministry of Mines and Energy), SACREEE seeks to recruit an intern to support its work on energy statistics and data management for the duration of 6 months to be stationed at the SACREEE Secretariat in Windhoek, Namibia.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Energy Data Analyst Intern will work under the supervision of the Renewable Energy Expert, and his / her roles will include:
1. Support the compilation of the regional Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Status Report
2. Support the development of SACREEE’s information knowledge management system.
3. Support the identification and adoption of appropriate energy statistical packages to address the needs of SACREEE.
4. Help in identifying new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
5. Support the generation of reliable, relevant and credible data for input into reports, presentations, dashboard, graphics and visualizations or other media to report findings.
6. Support the creation of data portals / open data systems with common information technology platforms.
7. Analyze and interpret large datasets and extract key trends and anomalies from data.
8. Assist in conducting project analysis and market assessments.
9. Perform other duties, as may be required.
MINIMUM ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
a. The minimum requirement for this position is a recent Masters’ degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Information Systems, or any related field.
c. Knowledge of best practice tools for collecting and organizing energy data to inform policy and other key decision-making processes.
d. Knowledge of energy data modelling and reporting packages.
Languages: Proficiency in English, and one other working language of the SADC Community (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.
This vacancy announcement is open only to qualified Namibian nationals. Eligible candidates are urged to apply for the above-mentioned vacancy by submitting a complete and comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV), including details of three professional references and copies of their qualifications and a letter of interest by email to: email@example.com (applications send to emails other than this will not be considered). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.