The African Development Bank (AfDB), in collaboration with the regional sustainable energy centers ((i) East African Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (EACREEE); (ii) ECOWAS Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE), (iii) SADC Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SACREEE)), the Association of Power Utilities of Africa (APUA) and United for Efficiency (U4E) organized two workshops as part of a series of three workshops planned for July and September 2021. The aim of the third workshop is to facilitate sharing the experience and successful stories on development and implementation of sustainable and innovative mechanisms, based on the energy service companies (ESCO) and Super ESCO concepts and options to accelerate market transformation. It will provide participants with information on the different Super ESCO/ESCO development Schemes and options to help African countries scale up adoption and application for energy-efficient (EE) projects development and implementation.
The workshop sessions are designed for the following sector participants:
• Ministries of Energy,
• National EE Agencies and utility companies,
• Government entities in charge of public procurement,
• Department in charge of public infrastructures,
• African Association of EE Agencies (AFRENER2 in French) Standards Organisation bodies,
• The regional economic communities (ECOWAS, SADEC, ECCAS, EAC, etc.),
• East African Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (EACREEE), Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE), SADC Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SACREEE),
• Regional Electricity Regulatory Authorities (ERERA, RERA, etc.),
• Regional Power Pools (EAPP, SAPP, WAPP, etc.)
• Energy Efficiency service companies
• EE professional associations
See the attachment below for detailed information.